종교문제대책전략연구소 TV 개국 온라인 세미나

심우영 소장 실제적인 사례발표

"美 CRI 대표 행크는 지방교회에 대해 6년간 연구 끝에

오류 인정하고 재평가 했다"

(원본 - 한국어 자막)

(한국어 더빙)

Transcript of Hank's video

행크의 비디오 녹취록

Let me begin by saying thank you to the seminar organizers for inviting me to provide a perspective on Watchman Nee, Witness Lee, and the Local Churches, also known as the Lord’s recovery. My name is Hank Hanegraaff. I’m the president of the Christian Research Institute. I’m host of the nationally syndicated Bible Answer Man broadcast as well as the Hank Unplugged podcast. And as I wrote in the “Before You Begin” section of my latest book, a book titled “Truth Matters, Life Matters More”, August 4, 2003 will forever be etched in my memory. I was 15 years into my tenure as president of the Christian Research Institute. When I met with the leading ones in the Local Churches, also again, identified as the Lord’s recovery, and that evening, I met with coworkers who were passionately affirming the very things that our institute claimed that they denied. And I recall being particularly struck that evening by the plain spoken testimony of a tall, lanky Texan by the name of Benson Phillips. And to this day, his words remain etched in my memory. I recall him saying, “I testify, Brother Hank, that we are not modalists but that we are thoroughly trinitarian. I testify, brother, that we do not believe that we can become as God is in the godhead. We don’t share His sovereignty or His persons and we cannot be worshipped as God.” And then he said this, “I testify, brother, that we do not believe that we are the only church. Rather, we believe that we are only the church.” Well, that evening, I also remember meeting with a man named Andrew Yu, and to the day of his death, December 20, 2020, Andrew remains one of the most extraordinary Christian men I have met during the entirety of my ministry.

먼저 워치만 니, 위트니스 리, 그리고 주의 회복으로 알려진 지방 교회들에 대한 저의 관점을 소개할 수 있도록 이번 세미나에 초대해 주신 관계자분들께 감사드립니다. 제 이름은 행크 해네그래프이고, CRI 대표입니다. 또한 전국에 방송되는 바이블 앤서 맨과 행크 언플러그라는 팟캐스트 운영자이기도 합니다. 제가 최근에 쓴 <진리가 중요하다. 생명은 더욱 중요하다>라는 책의 "시작하기 전에"에서 썼듯이, 2003년 8월 4일은 제 기억에 영원히 남을 것입니다. 제가 15년째 CRI 대표로 있던 때였습니다. 주의 회복으로도 알려진 지방교회의 인도자들을 만났던 그날 저녁에, 저는 우리 연구소가 그들이 부정하는 것으로 알아 왔던 바로 그 진리들을 오히려 열정적으로 믿고 있는 지방교회 동역자들을 만났습니다. 저는 그날 저녁 특히 벤슨 필립이라는 이름의 키가 크고 호리호리한 텍사스인의 소박한 증언에 충격을 받았던 것을 기억합니다. 오늘까지도 이러한 그의 말이 제 기억에 생생합니다. “행크 형제님, 우리는 양태론자가 아니라 철저한 삼위일체론자임을 간증 드립니다. 형제여, 우리는 신격 안에 계신 하나님처럼 될 수 있다고 믿지 않습니다. 그분의 주권이나 위격들을 공유하지도 않고, 하나님으로서 경배받을 수 없습니다.” 이어서 그는 이렇게 말했습니다. “형제님, 우리가 유일한 교회라고 믿지 않습니다. 우리는 다만 교회일 뿐입니다.” 그날 저녁 저는 또한 앤드류 유라는 분을 만났던 것을 기억합니다. 그가 세상을 떠난 2020년 12월 20일까지 앤드류는 제가 사역하는 동안 만났던 가장 뛰어난 그리스도인 중 한 명이었습니다.

At any rate, that evening I purposed a commission Elliot Miller, editor-in-chief of our flagship magazine, the Christian Research Journal to initiate a primary research project. I subsequently, by the way, invited Gretchen Passantino, who I considered to be a titan in the domain of theology and cult apologetics to join Elliot in that process. Why? Because both had significantly contributed to CRI’s founder Dr. Walter Martin’s writing and research on the Lord’s recovery and I knew both were ferociously committed to standing for truth no matter what the cost. Well, our primary research commenced back in 2003 and wasn’t complete until 2009. And it was conducted in the west as well as eastern regions that included Taiwan, Indonesia, and South Korea. It involved careful evaluation of literally hundreds of books, of papers, of church documents, of audio and video recordings, and the result of that primary research was encapsulated in just three words, “We were wrong.”

그날 저녁 저는 우리의 주력 잡지인 크리스천 리서치 저널 편집장 엘리옷 밀러에게 (주의 회복에 대한) 기본 연구를 시작하게 할 결심을 했습니다. 그 후 저는 신학과 이단 변증계의 거물인 그레첸 파산티노에게 엘리옷의 작업을 돕도록 요청했습니다. 두 분 모두 CRI의 창립자인 월터 마틴 박사의 저술과 주의 회복에 대한 연구에 깊이 관여했었고, 또한 어떤 대가를 치르더라도 진리 편에 서는데 전적으로 헌신된 분들이었기 때문입니다. 우리의 연구는 2003년부터 2009년까지 대만과 인도네시아와 한국을 포함한 동방 그리고 서방에서 수행되었습니다. 이 연구에는 말 그대로 수백 권의 책과 논문과 교회 문서와 음성 자료와 영상물에 대한 주의 깊은 평가가 담겼는데, 그 결과는 “우리가 틀렸었다(We Were Wrong).”라는 세 단어로 요약되었습니다.

As president of a research organization, of course, I’m aware that there are a lot of contrary opinions, that we live in an age in which truth is so obscure, as Blaise Pascal put it, and falsehood so established, that unless you love the truth, you cannot know it. So let me give just one example of a contrary opinion. There’s a broadly circulated open letter on the internet that demands the Lord’s recovery disavow and cease to publish this declaration by Witness Lee: “We, the believers, are begotten of God. What is begotten of man is man and what is begotten of God must be God. We are born of God, hence, in this sense, we are God.” Now, what is not disclosed in the open letter is the very next word, the word “nevertheless”. “Nevertheless, we must know that we do not share God’s person and cannot be worshipped by others. Only God Himself has the person of God can be worshipped by man.” And then Witness Lee went on to add, “It is a great heresy to say that we are made like God in His godhead.”

물론 저는 이단 연구기관의 대표로서 많은 반대 의견들이 있고, 파스칼의 말처럼 우리는 진실은 너무 모호하고 거짓은 너무 확고한 시대에 살고 있어서, 진리를 사랑하지 않으면 그것을 알 수 없는 점을 잘 압니다. 그래서 반대 의견 하나만 예로 들어보겠습니다. 인터넷에는 위트니스 리의 다음과 같은 선언을 거부하고 게시를 중단할 것을 주의 회복에게 요구하는 공개서한이 올려져 있습니다. “우리 믿는 이들은 하나님에게서 났다. 사람에게서 난 것은 사람이고 하나님에게서 난 것은 분명히 하나님이다. 우리는 하나님에게서 났다. 그러므로 이런 의미에서, 우리는 하나님이다.” 그런데 이 공개서한은 바로 이어지는 “그러나”로 시작되는 다음의 내용은 밝히지 않았습니다. “그러나 우리는 우리가 하나님의 위격을 공유할 수 없고 다른 사람의 경배를 받을 수 없다는 것을 알아야 한다. 오직 하나님 그분만이 하나님의 위격을 가지시고, 사람의 경배를 받으실 수 있다.” 위트니스 리는 이어서 “우리가 신격 안에 계신 하나님처럼 된다고 말하는 것은 큰 이단이다.”라고 말했습니다.

So here’s the point. Even giving the authors and the signatures of this open letter every benefit of the doubt, it is supremely difficult to imagine that every last one of them would have missed this obvious and crucial qualification. Well, whatever their motivation, one thing is crystal clear. Rather than take Witness Lee out of context, the open letter signatories should have, in the interest of truth, considered the biblical and historical precedent for what Lee in context was communicating, which is in concert with what the greats of Christian history have communicated. Consider Athanasius of Alexandra is widely regarded as the greatest theologian of his time and has well said God was made man that man might be made God. This, of course, is not so much as to hint at heresy. When the apostle Peter proclaimed that those in Christ may participate in the divine nature, he wasn’t suggesting that redeemed humanity may become what God is in His essence. That’s not only impossible but that would be heretical. Those in Christ become by grace what the Son of God is by nature, children of God, gods  by grace, gods by participation in the divine nature. The Father’s greatest gift to we who have been saved through the death of His Son is the impartation of a new order of life, an order of life that is of the same quality as the life of Christ for that is precisely what it is. It is the engrafting of the life of Christ. Now therefore, to be in Christ is more than a changed life. It’s an exchanged life. It’s an impartation of life by which the incarnation continues. The Tin Man, to use a C. S. Lewis illustration, is being turned into a real man. Those who are in Christ have been transformed into new creations, the image and the likeness of God once ruinously marred is being miraculously restored.

그래서 요점은 이것입니다. 이 공개서한 저자와 서명자들에게 유리하게 해석하더라도, 그들 모두가 이처럼 명백하고 결정적인 단서를 지나쳤을 것으로는 정말 상상하기 어렵습니다. 그들의 동기가 무엇이든 한 가지는 분명합니다. 공개서한 서명자들은 문맥에서 벗어나게 위트니스 리의 말을 인용하기보다는, 진리를 위해서 위트니스 리가 기독교 역사에서 위인들이 했던 말과 같은 맥락의 말을 한 것에 대한 성경적이고 역사적인 전례를 고려했어야 했습니다. 그 시대에 가장 위대한 신학자로 널리 알려졌고, 하나님이 사람이 되심은 사람이 하나님이 되게 하기 위함이라고 잘 말했던 아타나시우스를 생각해 보십시오. 이것은 물론 이단을 암시하지 않습니다. 사도 베드로가 그리스도 안에 있는 이들이 신성한 본성에 참여한다고 선언했을 때, 구속받은 인성이 하나님의 본질이 될 수 있다고 말한 것이 아닙니다. 그것은 불가능하고 이단입니다. 본래 하나님의 아들이신 분의 은혜로, 그리스도 안에 있는 이들은 하나님의 자녀들, 은혜로 말미암은 신들, 신성한 본성에 참여하는 신들이 됩니다. 아버지께서 그분의 아들의 죽음으로 구원받은 우리에게 주신 가장 큰 선물은 생명의 새로운 질서, 즉 그리스도의 생명과 정확히 같은 그런 생명의 질을 가진 생명의 질서를 분배하신 것입니다. 그것은 그리스도의 생명의 접목입니다. 따라서 이제 그리스도 안에 있는 것은 바뀐 생명 그 이상입니다. 그것은 교환된 생명입니다. 그것은 그로 인해 성육신이 계속되는 생명의 분배입니다. C. S. 루이스의 말을 빌리자면, 양철 사람이 진짜 사람이 되는 것입니다. 그리스도 안에 있는 이들은 한때 심하게 손상되었으나 기적적으로 회복되고 있는 하나님의 형상과 모양을 지닌, 새 창조물로 변화되고 있습니다.

While I expand on the matter of deification in my book “Truth Matters, Life Matters More”, by the way, I should say that that title also came from someone who was part of the Lord’s recovery, a man by the name of Elijah Wajaya, and again, I have benefited so much from brothers in the recovery. But the reason I’m doing this video is that truth matters regardless of one’s disposition towards Watchman Nee or Witness Lee or the Lord’s recovery, there is simply no justification for the distortion, in fact, the deliberate distortion of truth in an age of fake news and sensationalistic distortions, the apostle Paul’s words ring down through the ages with prophetic urgency, “Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist.” Because as your waist is the center of your body, so truth is central to the full armor of God. Without it, the covering that protect us from the devil’s scheme simply crumbles to the ground and leaves us naked and vulnerable.

저는 위에서 소개한 저의 책인 <진리가 중요하다. 생명은 더욱 중요하다>에서 신화 문제를 좀 더 다뤘습니다. 그런데 그 책 제목 역시 주의 회복의 일원이었던 엘리야 와자야라는 사람에게서 나왔고, 저는 회복 안의 형제님들에게서 많은 유익을 얻었습니다. 하지만 제가 이 영상을 만든 이유는 워치만 니, 위트니스 리 혹은 주의 회복에 대한 어떤 사람의 성향과 관계없이, 진리가 중요하기 때문입니다. 왜곡을 정당화할 이유가 전혀 없습니다. 사실 이 시대는 가짜 뉴스와 선정적인 왜곡이 있고 의도적인 진리의 왜곡도 있습니다. 따라서 사도 바울은 절박함으로 “그런즉 서서, 진리를 여러분의 허리띠로 두르라”고 예언적으로 말씀하고 있습니다. 우리의 허리가 몸의 중심이듯이, 진리는 하나님의 완전한 전투 장비의 중심입니다. 진리가 없다면, 마귀의 계략에서 우리를 보호하는 덮개가 땅에 부서져 내리고 우리는 벌거벗겨지고 취약하게 됩니다.

So let me simply conclude with what I wrote in an article titled, “Are the Local Churches a Cult?” and what I conclude in that article is that the Local Churches are neither a cult from a theological perspective nor from a sociological perspective. Moreover, as a group forged in the cauldron of persecution, they have much to offer Christianity, and that is, not only in the east, but also in western regions.

이제 "지방 교회들은 이단인가?"라는 기사에서 제가 썼던 내용으로 간략히 결론을 내리겠습니다. 그 기사에서 저의 결론은, 지방 교회들이 신학적 관점은 물론 사회학적 관점에서도 이단이 아니라는 것입니다. 더구나 박해의 가마솥에서 단련된 단체로서 그들은 동방은 물론 서방 기독교에 기여할 많은 것을 가지고 있습니다.

Thanks again for this opportunity to give my perspective on the Lord’s recovery or the Local Churches and again, my thanks to the brothers in this very significant move of the Holy Spirit for the impact that they have made on my life. I would never have imagined that God would allow us to meet, but in His providence, that meeting has resulted in a transformation in my own life. So long for now.

주의 회복 혹은 지방 교회들에 대한 저의 관점을 소개할 기회를 주신 것에 다시 한번 감사드립니다. 제 삶에 영향을 준 이 매우 중대한 성령의 움직임 안에 있는 형제들에게 감사드립니다. 저는 하나님께서 우리를 만나게 하실 것이라고는 상상도 못 했습니다. 그러나 그분의 섭리 안에서 이뤄진 그 만남은 제 자신의 삶에 변화를 가져왔습니다. 안녕히 계십시오.

뵈뵈님 포함 1명이 추천

추천인 1

• 뵈뵈

공유

facebooktwitterpinterestbandkakao storykakao talk
퍼머링크

댓글 0

권한이 없습니다. 로그인

신고

"님의 댓글"

이 댓글을 신고 하시겠습니까?

삭제